Become a Volunteer
Good Neighbors of Fort Greene and Clinton Hill welcomes volunteers from all walks of life and offers them the opportunity to help their neighbors and their community.
Whether you have just an hour to spare or can devote more time, we have an opportunity for you!
If you would like to volunteer please:
2. Submit a Volunteer Application: link to form
(Gmail address required).
4. Attend a Volunteer Orientation: Check the Calendar
and/or Sign up for the Geezer Gazette to receive updates on upcoming Orientations.
Some of the special services volunteers provide include:
- Home visiting: Visit those members who find it difficult to get out–a friendly visit can be once a week, a month. Stop by for a visit and make a new friend.
- Friendly phone calls: Perfect for those individuals who love to chat! Contact a neighbor by phone just to "check in" and share the news.
- Walking: Walking is more fun in groups! Join your neighbors, create a group and encourage each other to walk for good health.
- Driving: Drivers are especially encouraged to volunteer. We need volunteers to take our members on errands, to medical appointments and grocery shopping.
- Office assistance and support: Join the team in the office and help answer phones, greet visitors and work with us on special projects. Computer skills are useful.
- Escort: Accompany a member to the doctor, worship service, hairdresser, or other appointment or visit out of the home.
- Gardening or plant care in or out of the home.
- Grocery shopping: Accompany a member grocery shopping and help them with the packages or pick up the list and do the shopping for them.
- Sewing: Sewing, knitting and other crafts.
- Pet care: Walk the dog, brush the cat, put out food and water.
- Running errands: If you don't drive, but love to walk, you can help our members by running errands.
- Computer support: Help members set up equipment such as phones, video, routers, computers and learn to use them. Identify technology problems and provide solutions or recommend professional services.
- Hold a workshop on a subject of your interest.
- Reading aloud for individuals or group.
- Social events and educational programs: Initiate and arrange events of interest to our members. Locate and recommend programs and events.
Documentation can be sent to:
Good Neighbors of Fort Greene and Clinton Hill
287 Adelphi Street
Brooklyn, NY 11205
Or call today: (718) 408-2510
We thank you in advance for your support!